Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Glitter Blast

Happy Wednesday everyone!
Like, I said earlier this week, my fiance and I are realizing that the wedding is actually scary close. Not scary because we don't want to get married but scary because we have so many things left to do! We just got our invitations in the mail this week, and we are finalizing our meeting schedules with our pastor and wedding coordinator at our venue but the list just keeps growing! This past weekend my friend/bridesmaid/awesome, Katherine came and helped me DIY some hand-me-down jars that we are going to use for candles as part of our center pieces. Now if you've ever watched David Tutera or even Four Weddings you might be aware that DIY weddings do not always go well and not everyone likes them. Regardless I was up for the challenge. Since our wedding has a gold/cream/evergreen color scheme I wanted to add a little new year's sparkle to our decor. I found a lot of really good DIY inspiration on pinterest, and was hoping to create something that looked like these pictures:

I wasn't sure when I started the process if it would be better to use a spray adhesive or to use an all in one glitter spray so I tested out both options. I was a little surprised that I really liked the outcome of the Glitter Blast spray.Disclaimer: there is no way to do this project without getting glitter all over yourself, your furniture and your dog, even when you go outside. 


We taped off the top part of the jars so that we could spray evenly and come out with a clean, straight line. 

Then we sprayed the jars with two coats of Glitter Blast so that the glitter part of the jar would be more opaque, though if you wanted a lighter glitter coating with just one coat I think that Glitter Blast would also work. 


And here is the (upside-down) finished product! I am really happy with how they turned out, I'm not sure that anyone could really see my vision for the jars before we started (ahhhmm) but I think the finished product will work perfectly to help build the kind of reception environment we are going for. 


We only ended up having about 30 of the jars total and I was hoping to have about two to three clustered at each table so I may go on a hunt for another type of jar to DIY and add to the mix. 
Check back next week for another wedding post, we are in full get-ready-wedding mode here now!


No comments :

Post a Comment