Sunday, July 8, 2012

DIY: Oh La La


This DIY craft project is semi a part of my DIY Bleaching and Dying series but with a little bonus!
Inspiration:
 
I found this photo on Pinterest and thought it would be a great DIY sweatshirt project!
So I started with a white crewneck sweatshirt that I got for $2.00 on clearance at Walmart and dyed it using Dylon Ocean Blue dye.
During the dying stage.



The sweatshirt after I dyed, rinsed, washed, and dried it. 


I used a mixture of gold, silver, and white acrylic paint. 
I started tracing/freehanding the letters onto the sweatshirt with the silver paint, then went over with the gold and finished with the white/silver/gold mixture. I made the letters thicker as I went rather than making bubble letters and filling them in. I find that this process makes a neater final product and makes it easier to cover up any potential mistakes. 


The finished product! 
What do you think? 
I'm really excited to wear this more in the Fall when the weather starts to get cooler! 


No comments :

Post a Comment