Sunday, July 22, 2012

Foodie: Cheeseball.

This past Saturday my friend Molly and I went to the Downtown Farmer's Market in Des Moines bright and early to snag ourselves some watermelon and peaches, little did we know that there would be a cheeseball also in our near future. One of the stands at the Farmer's Market makes and sells various cheeseball and dip mixes and they are seriously delicious! 
At their stand at the Farmer's Market they have a bunch of their dips and cheeseballs premade with crakers and pretzels for you to try, I think Molly and I were there for at least 10 minutes when I decided to bite the cheeseball bullet and buy a mix. This time I got the more traditional Cheddar-Bacon mix but I think I might have to go back and get the Apple Pie mix as well as a few others!
Anyways, making the cheeseball is super easy. I had never done anything like it before so it was a mini adventure for me. you just need 8 oz of cream cheese and half a stick of softened butter. You mix together the cream cheese and butter with the step 1 mix and let it get more solid in the refrigerator, then you roll it around in the step 2, crunchy  mix and wha la! You have a cheeseball. 
   




No comments :

Post a Comment