Thursday, July 19, 2012

DIY: Felt Heart Pocket Cardi.

I got my inspiration for this DIY project from the felt heart elbow patch project that is floating around pinterest. As soon as I saw the project I thought that the felt hearts would look really cute on the pockets of a cardigan that has pockets. 
Instead of using an iron on patch I decided to just use hot glue (if it doesn't last I might go back and stitch the hearts on later). And instead of using a cookie cutter as a stencil I just free-handed my first heart and then used it to trace my second heart so that they would be the same size and shape. 
I just picked an older cardigan that I had (mine is originally from Loft) and still love to wear, but that could also use a little sprucing up. I already had a bunch of felt from a failed attempt at felt flowers and thought the off-white color would work really nicely with the natural olive green color of my cardigan and would go well with whatever I chose to wear it with. 
So, I just cut out the hearts and then placed them where I wanted them to be on the pockets and  carefully glued them into place ( you have to be careful with hot glue because it dries very very quickly) 
There you have it! What do you think? 
This is definitely another one of my DIY creations that I am looking forward to wearing more in the fall. 

No comments :

Post a Comment