Monday, July 9, 2012

Music Monday: Dumptruck Butterlips.


This Music Monday is inspired by my weekend festivities at 80/35 Music Festival, Dumptruck Butterlips was one of my absolute favorite acts that I saw/heard this weekend! They describe their sound as bed room soul grass, and they make heavenly heavenly sounds. They are a quaretet of music makers featuring a string bass, sometimes an accordian, and the percussionist literally plays a washboard. Its probably the coolest and best thing I have ever seen, ever.  They manage to flawlessly blend soul like vocals with folk roots and beautiful harmonies. 

You can find their music on spotify and iTunes. And here's their website.
My favorites are "Don't Drink the River" and "Any Man"
oh, also they did a marvelous cover of MJ's Billie Jean. 
also, "Puppy Love" features the sexy vocals of the main man, Dumptruck.


No comments :

Post a Comment