Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: the hunt for bridesmaids dresses and a monogram addiction.

So, every time someone asks me how wedding planning is going I pretty much always say 
"it's not."
Surprisingly, having a blog (and a wedding feature) and several overly active pinterest boards does not make wedding planning that much easier. If anything it gives me all kinds of unrealistic (aka unaffordable) ideas for the wedding. But something I do always love to see is all the different looks and styles brides have chosen for their bridesmaids. While I've had quite a few ideas myself I always seem to go back to simple, flattering, short dresses. We are planning on going shopping for them this month (finally!) and I'm hopeful that we can find something flattering and not too expensive. 
Here are two dresses that I really love!
this pink number is so chic and classic. 

I think the natural waist and pleats in this dress would be universally flattering,
while the natural color and lace texture keep it modern and not too boring. 

Next up, Monogram fun!
It's no secret that I love a good monogram. And all this wedding fun has made me even more of a monogram enthusiast. I recently stumbled onto Shop Dandy a super cute blogger and boutique owner who definitely shares my love for monograms. She sells everything from monogrammed tanks to clipboards, here are a few of my favorites.
I feel like you can never find a good canvas bag with a cross body strap.
Plus the color block and monogram are a chic bonus!

I love this bangle so much I'm tempted to get one now and one for after the wedding.

everyone needs a good baseball hat for summer activities right?

No comments :

Post a Comment