Thursday, December 12, 2013

What I'm Loving: Capes!

If you've talked with me lately about winter fashions you may already know my obsession with capes. Really though...I'm not sure what it is about them exactly but I love the look of sweater capes and cape coats this season (I may have bought an ivory cape coat for the wedding shhhh!). I've been searching all around for a quality yet not too expensive sweater cape or two-I wanted something nice and warm but not too expensive since I've never had a sweater cape before and wasn't sure if I'd like it. There is just something about these capes that seem both effortless and put together, classic and modern. Needless to say, I ended up purchasing this Forever 21 Sweater Cape in camel when I wondered in the store this past weekend (shocker, I know! I was pretty much appalled at most other things in the store however) to my surprise, it actually seems well made and warm. 
Now that I've bit the bullet and purchased one sweater cape that I love, I'm already looking for more! Here are a few other options I've been considering, I love the idea of having another neutral cape, maybe in black or charcoal and I am also intrigued by the idea of this red cap-sleeve cape-ish sweater from Old Navy (it also comes in charcoal and cream). 

Then there is this more obvious cape sweater also from Old Navy, all in really great neutral color options. 
And there is this version from Ann Taylor, a bit pricier but most likely for a higher quality product (and pockets!)
What do you all think? Are you falling for this trend as much as I am? 
Or do you need some more convincing to jump on the cape-sweater trend? 

PS: if you're looking for some inspiration on how to style this cozy trend, check out Little Blonde Book's post here! she has adorable style and inspired me to make my first cape purchase.
image via Little Blonde Book








No comments :

Post a Comment