Monday, September 3, 2012

Music Monday: Soundtracks.

Happy Monday! Sorry my posts have been a little sporadic lately, things have been a bit hectic with all this back to school, back to sorority, back to everything time, and this week, being recruitment, is no different. 
In honor of this back to school season I wanted to share with you my go-to study/paper writing/homework reading music. Soundtracks! I love soundtracks or scores, since they are primarily instrumental they have the same non-distracting quality as traditional classical music, but because they were written and created as one whole moving piece rather than just individual songs they can help propel your work forward in a way that traditional classical just can't.

Some of my favorite soundtracks and scores are:

1. (of course) all three of the Lord of the Rings scores 
2.Harry Potter, specifically HP7 Pt 1&2
*my favorites are "Statues" and "Courtyard Apocalypse" ...so intense. 
3. War Horse score, by the ever talented John Williams (also responsible for HP, Star Wars, ET and many others)
4. Hunger Games score (so much better than the soundtrack)
*my favorite is "Rue's Farewell
5. We Bought a Zoo score, written/created/performed by Jonsi-the music is so beautiful, calming and unexpected
6. my all time favorite score/soundtrack: Little Women. from the 1994 film with Susan Sarandon, Winona Ryder, Kirsten Dunst, Claire Danes, and Christian Bale. Also this is probably one of my favorite movies ever. Thomas Newman created such beautiful, emotional, and marvelous music for this film, I will never get sick of it. 





No comments :

Post a Comment