Monday, October 29, 2012

Music Monday: T-Swift 22.

I'm going to take a cue from my dear friend K-Frit (you can check out her tumblr blog here) and blog about T-Swift's new album, Red. 
I thought I had recovered from my T-Swift phase in life only to be drawn back in by the catchy nature of legitimately almost every single song on her new album. 
But for real, the girl has grown as a writer and singer. I can appreciate both the more pop-y tunes (oh hey, We are Never Ever Getting Back Together) and the more mellow, old country like pieces, including both of the duets on the album, one with Ed Sheeran and one with Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol. (But seriously, really quality duets, really quality). 
My favorite song on the album right now is most-probably-definitely "22." I mean "It feels like the perfect night to dress up like hipsters" is just so applicable to my life... but really. The tune is so catchy and the lyrics are so true-to-life embarrassing and the age is just about perfect for where I'm at in life right now, I think really this song and my senior year of college were meant to be together. 

Y'all should seriously take a listen. 




I don't know about you, but...

No comments :

Post a Comment