Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday Favs!

I have ANOTHER new fun feature on the CHC blog for you guys today! Friday Favorites is a feature that tons of bloggers (including one of my favs, Iowa Girl Eats!) use to share things that they've loved from around the web during the week. So to follow in the trend of those who came more successfully before me, here are my Friday Favs of the week! 

Let's start out with something hilarious and stylish, shall we? HGTV designer Emily Henderson recently designed a space for Snoop Dogg with Airbnb at SXSW and the finishing product is this strange combo of totally outrageous and kind of chic? Check it our for yourself on Emily's blog here!
image via.

For another design related favorite from this week take a look at Karlie Kloss' New York townhome on Vogue.com. I love seeing younger celebrities who are totally down to earth and I think Kloss epitomizes this. And not only was her short hair do' my inspiration for a cut last summer but now her design style is an inspiration as well. Karlie worked with the wonderful Nate Berkus on getting the right look for her first home.
image via. 

Next up is this week's Must Read: "When Women Have It All" an editorial by HuffPost blogger and Girls Globe Communications Director, Emma Saloranta. 
We want a world where women everywhere can, truly, have it all -- a safe, healthy, balanced and fulfilled life, with equal opportunities for everything and anything despite where they are born, where they live, what the color of their skin is, what religion they practice. We need a world where women can finally realize their full potential and become agents of change and progress. In a world where women have it all, it is not only women and girls who benefit, but every single one of us -- because women's and girls' well-being translates into well-being and progress on a much broader level.


Favorite Food I want to try to make is next! I've been wanting to try making Indian food at home now that i think I've got the hand of our new rice cooker/veggie steamer (possibly my favorite wedding gift) but I've been a little intimidated. But Damn Delicious' recipe for a crockpot Indian Butter Chicken seems right up my alley, I think I might have to give this one a whirl. 
image via.


And apparently overalls are having a fashion moment?! Although I have to admit I kind of love Atlantic Pacific's look here, I'm not totally convinced that they will ever override a farmer stereotype look in the great state of Iowa. However if you're totally diggin' this look you can check out Kendi's post or the Glitter Guide's post
image via. 

And last but not least, and to start off your weekend in the happiest way possible, I give you a puppified version of Pharrell's "Happy."


Happy almost weekend, and thanks for reading!




No comments :

Post a Comment